Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back to School DIYs: Collab!|||Late Mani Monday

Hellllllo, I'm sorry about not posting my Mani Monday yesterday! 
But even though it's Tuesday that doesn't take away the beauty from these nails lol

This week I decided to take a break from nail art and just do a simple manicure.
This beautiful pink is Groove Is In The Heart by Deborah Lippmann. 
I have had this color since Christmas and had never used it so I thought why not give it a shot & I love it !





 What do you think?
Any dupe alerts (I love it when Dani from Coffee Break With Dani uses it haha)? Tell me below!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Now I also have some DIYs to share with you today!

I have partnered up with my new-found friend Tianna from Dressed To A Ti!
We have to decided to do a collaboration of some easy & fun DIYs !
We each chose a DIY to do for school, room, & fashion! So let's get started(:

Separated Jean "cork" board
Okay so that's a funny name & I'm sure everyone is looking at their screen thinking I'm crazy haha. Well I originally got this idea from Pinterest & since I didn't have any cork board I decided to improvise!

All you'll need is what you see in pic number one!
2. hot glue to peives of cardbard tgether
3.&4. Hot glue the jean fabric to you cardboard
5. Bend down the sides of the fabric over (like a present!)
6. Fold over other side & your done!
 Now stick whatever you want on to your little boards! Noes for school...jewelry...whatever you would like!


 
DIY Shirt Design
I also saw this on Pinterest and decided to give this a try. Making your own  design on your shirt! I decided to make two little bows on the bottom of my black shirt. They didn't come out perfect...but I had fun I'll know what not to do next time lol

You'll need everything in pic number one!

2. Put cardboard under the spot you want to paint
3.& 4. Mark your spot and then use tape to sketch out your pattern!
5. Then go to painiting (;
6. Go over the spot until it's opaque to your liking and then let it dry (or blast some cool air on it from an blow dryer!)
7. Wear your shirt and show it off!

DIY Binder Covers!
Now I've actually already done one of these and I absolutely loveeeee it! See all of the directions and such here! But Binder covers are always fun to make & you can make you own by getting a design you want, sizing it to your paper or binder and then going to a website that will let you write on fonts and do overlays ! I personally love Picmonkey!

Here are some pics from when I personalized my binder with a cover!


 


Well I hope that you all enjoyed this collab and have some new ideas of ways to DIY you room, school supplies, and clothing!!

 Make sure you head on over to Tianna's blog to see her DIYs (which are amazing!)
I am in love with the Polaroid inspired pictures she did! Look at it! Cool right?!
She didn't post this on her DIY post but I am personally going to paint my calculator like she did in on of her previous post, I love trying to make school fun haha!

Overall I had a lot of fun doing this with Tianna-collabs are so fun!


Whew, I think this is my longest post I've ever written haha!
Well, I hope that you all enjoyed the DIYs and that they inspire you for back to school!
Leave any questions or comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kadasia! I loved this post! I just nominated you for the Bloggers with Class Award on my blog, check it out when you get a chance: http://www.thefashionnewcomer.com/2014/08/13/bloggers-with-class-award/ I'd love to see you answer the questions!!!!
    xoxo, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jamie ! I had a lot of fun making it (; & oh thank you! I will be sure to check!(:

      {{{Kadasia}}}

      Delete
  2. Meant to comment earlier, but I love it! And yes you definitely have to paint your calculator!

    Ti
    dressed-to-a-ti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tianna! & haha yesss!! I can't wait haha!

      {{{Kadasia}}}

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Just write below (: