Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tips for healthy skin.

So its summer which means everyone will either be a little bit more active than normal and their skin will being different conditions a.k.a the beach, trails, pool, water-parks, etc.

Recently my skin stopped responding to the "Original' Neutrogena Face Wash (it's the orange one) and I stated to use the 3-in-1 face wash by Mary Kay...which didn't help me at all.

So finally my mom went out and came back with the Neutrogena Naturals face wash.

Neutrogena® Naturals Acne Cream Cleanser

I can not explain how much I love this cleanser! It could see a difference in my face within the first couple of days, its amazing. Along with using it I also exfoliate using a cute little tool. But sometimes I exfoliate using scrubs.

similar from Walmart
Alright so now that you all know what I use to clean my face I'll go into detail on step to healthy skin (ones that I know have helped me)

1. Wash your face twice a day & always take off makeup before bed: Washing your face when you first  wake up and after a long day at work or going out is essential to healthy skin. You skin needs to be free of all of the dirt it's received through the day and also its nice to get rid of unwanted oils. Removing makeup is important as well because you don't your pores to be unnecessarily clogged!(:

2. Moisturize: Just like how you arms, legs, and need lotion so do our faces! Giving your face the moisture it needs will promote healthy skin by eliminating dry spots, flaking, itching and I'm sure many more problems. 

3. Remove excess oil: What I have noticed in myself is that my face has a lot of extra oil. So what I do is remove it with Oil Blotting Sheets. I really like these sheets and I just pat them all over a few minutes after I apply whatever moisturizer I used for that day-they do an amazing job.

4. My last one is that I pop my pimples *gasp*: I mean if there is dirt, oil and dead skin cells under my skin I want them out! I know they say its not good due to scaring but, to be honest, I do it...I think every girl does lol. But I never pop them with my nails!!! If your going to pop pimples there is a "correct" way to do it; simply use the outside of fingers and push under the pimple. A nice way that I've found for less scaring and to reduce the puffiness that comes along with popping a pimple, I apply a dot a toothpaste to it. Leave it on for a few min or at least until it dries and voila!

I hope that these little tips helped you and gives you happier skin this summer!

Tell me below what you use for summer and if these work for ya!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Just write below (: